Skip to main content

Day 8: Goodbye Germany...Ciao Venice, Italy!!!

On Day 8, we arrived in Venice...aka Venezia! Our Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt, Germany to Venice went perfectly. Of course, I was a little nervous before the flight (like always), but by that point we were becoming pros! Seeing the Swiss Alps from 33,000 feet in the air quickly made all my nervousness subside. That view of the Alps was absolutely unbelievable...I was honestly in awe and glued to the window. I couldn't stop taking photos! Here are a few for you to enjoy:
On the flight...Venice, here we come!


French/Italian/German Phrase Book + German cookies + Coca Cola Light = Plane survival kit...haha


The AMAZING Swiss Alps from an altitude of 33,000 ft...WOW.


Once we made it to the airport in Italy, we found our water-bus fairly easily. We took the Alilaguna shuttle over to the island, just like the hotel staff had recommended. It was a gorgeous but slow ride...haha. The scenery along the way made the long ride well worth it.

On the water-bus...yay!
After arriving on the island, we had quite a ways to walk...with our heavy luggage...haha. I had read about arriving in Venice and having to walk to your hotel...it was pretty interesting! LOL. We had to walk about 10 minutes, but it wasn't so bad. We eventually made it to our hotel - Hotel Ala. I was blown away by the Murano glass chandelier in the lobby...it was AMAZING!!! Our room was also beautiful...very Venice.
The Murano glass chandelier in the hotel lobby...Simply stunning! I wish that you could see all the intricate detail in the photo...
Our room...
The view from our room...I loved it!!!
When we got settled in the room, we set out to explore the city a bit. It was already dinner time, so we found a nice little restaurant and had a dinner of pizza and wine. It hit the spot. After dinner, we wandered through the streets and alleyways until we found St. Mark's Square....what a sight!!! It is truly beautiful and so romantic at night!
The store windows in Venice are incredible! Just look at these:
Pinocchio!!!
We bought a beautiful hand-painted watercolor from this artist...
We strolled around a bit more and eventually headed back to the hotel so we could get an early start on our first day in Venezia! After all, it had been a long day of traveling. :)

Comments

What amazing views! I'd love to visit those parts of Europe someday!
Audax Artifex said…
I can't believe the stores and the lovely rooms in the hotel. What a great trip you are having. Great photos. Yours Audax in Australia

Popular posts from this blog

Absolutely Sinful Cinnamon Rolls

***Alrighty, here are the cinnamon rolls that I mentioned in my previous post. I put these together on Christmas Eve, and then baked them on Christmas morning. Let me just tell you...there's nothing quite like the smell of yummy cinnamon rolls wafting through the house on Christmas morning...ahhhhh...so wonderful! This is going to be a new tradition for us...fresh, homemade rolls on Christmas. I thought that I might try this recipe, and then maybe try a new one next year...until I found one that I really loved. However, I hit the jackpot on the first try! This is THE recipe that I'll always use. UPDATE:   Since originally writing this post in 2008, I've  made these cinnamon rolls every year for Christmas!  They are a holiday tradition that my family looks forward to all year!  You can see my other posts here, with lots more photos of these sinful cinnamon rolls: CHRISTMAS 2009 CHIRSTMAS 2010 CHRISTMAS 2011 The great thing was that I could prepare them on Christmas

My Favorite Quiche!

***It's not often that a recipe is worthy of re-posting.  I think I've only done that once or twice in the entire time I've written this blog.  However, this is one of those rare occasions.  Back in 2009 when Brad and I went to Europe, we had the most amazing Quiche Lorraine at the incredible Les Deux Magots cafe in Paris.  It was delicious and was served alongside a yummy salad of fresh greens (Quiche Lorraine sur Salade Verte).  Oh, it was heaven on a plate!  It also didn't hurt that we were sitting on the patio of one of the most famous cafes in Paris, after all...haha.  The atmosphere and people-watching in that particular area are hard to beat. I'll never forget the elderly lady that was sitting at the table right next to us (the tables were situated pretty close together).  She was dressed to-the-nines, was all by herself, and was just the quintessential, classy Parisian lady.  I wish more than anything that I had tried to strike up a conversation with her

Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread - Southern Living

***There seriously aren't very many things that smell better than Banana Nut Bread baking in the oven.   Don't you agree?  This recipe for Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread from Southern Living magazine was one of the very first recipes that I added to this blog...back in November 2007!  In fact, I came across it when I worked for the magazine as a Marketing Intern.  Back then, I didn't have a photo for every recipe, and the blog post was simply the recipe and nothing else.  Because this is my go-to recipe for Banana Nut Bread (and because it is so amazing!), I thought that it deserved a little more attention.  This is quite honestly some of the best Banana Nut Bread that I've ever had.  An entire 8oz. package of cream cheese is added right to the batter, along with 4 mashed bananas.  The cream cheese adds so much to this recipe, with an incredibly moist texture being the main component.  Plus, the roasted pecans are the perfect addition.  Roasting the nuts brings out