Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Roll-Ups



***I have one word for this recipe - YUM! I served it with penne pasta tossed with garlic and parsley, as suggested by the magazine.***

Ingredients:
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
8 chicken breast cutlets (1 1/2 pounds)
1/2 lb. deli-sliced provolone cheese
1/4 cup E.V.O.O.


Directions:

Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil and grease the foil.

Place the beaten eggs and bread crumbs into separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, mix the ricotta and sun-dried tomatoes. Dip the chicken cutlets into the egg, then coat with the bread crumbs and place on a work surface. Place a slice of provolone and a heaping tbsp. of ricotta mixture on each cutlet. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.

Place the chicken roll-ups side by side on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake until the chicken is golden and the cheese is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
Source: Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine - Feb. 2008

6 comments:

Katie said...

YUM is right! These looks amazing. What a great idea!

Melanie said...

These roll-ups look awesome...and the Greek chicken above looks to-die for, also. Can't wait to try them and look through your blog for more great recipes.

Welcome to Daring Baker's for February!

Anonymous said...

I made these tonight... so easy& so yummy. Even my two toddlers gobbled them up! A new favorite!

Anonymous said...

These things are great.I had them with Noodles and put Bacon and Tomato Dressing on it and it gave it a zesty flavor.The roll-ups really fill you up and the pasta just tops it off. I hope to see more of your great recipes!

Cara said...

I just tried this recipe last night and it turned out great. I'll definitely be making it again. I wrote a little blurb about it on my blog, linking through to your site for the recipe. You've got lots of great recipes that I'm looking forward to trying. Looks like you love many of the same ingredients that I do! Great blog!

Kristin said...

Hi, I found this recipe a long time ago and have made it several times since. Just thought I'd let you know - thanks!