Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Carrot Cake!!!



Okay, here is the Carrot Cake that I'm famous for! =) Everyone seems to want one for their birthday. =)

2 c. sugar
2 c. plain flour
1 1/2 c. cooking oil
4 eggs
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
3 c. grated carrots
1/2 c. or more chopped pecans

Mix sugar, eggs and oil. Beat well. Sift flour and dry ingredients; add to other mixture. Add carrots and nuts. Makes 3 layers. Bake 30 to 40 minutes at 325 degrees. Use Cream Cheese Icing between layers and on top and sides of cake.

Cream Cheese Icing:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1/2 stick margarine
1 box confectioners sugar (10x)
2 tsp. vanilla

Warm the cream cheese and margarine in the microwave just until softened. Mix well with other ingredients until creamy.

***I usually decorate the top or sides of the cake with any extra chopped pecans that I have on-hand.

3 comments:

Drema said...

I made your carrot cake and it turned out awesome! Everyone really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing your recipes! I want to try your strawberry cake next.

pat said...

I slightly toasted the pecans ... Makes a huge difference to me! Yummy. Try it and let me know if you like it .

pat said...

I slightly toasted the pecans... Makes it even more yummy