Thursday, January 22, 2009

Martha's Lemon-Thyme Green Beans

***Here's another wonderfully easy recipe from Martha Stewart. I served this with a delicious recipe - "Steak with Kalamata Olive Chimichurri", which I'll post tomorrow. These green beans had a great little "kick" from the fresh lemon juice and tasted perfect.
Enjoy!***

Lemon-Thyme Green Beans
Martha Stewart
Source: Everyday Food: Great Food Fast

Ingredients:
Serves 4

Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish (optional)
Directions:
In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, bring 1/2 inch water to a boil; salt generously.

Add green beans; reduce to a simmer, and cover skillet. Steam beans, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, 6 to 10 minutes.

Pull lid back slightly, and tilt skillet to drain water from green beans; add lemon juice, butter, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to melt butter. Serve green beans garnished with additional thyme, if desired.

2 comments:

Vij said...

Hi ya
This is my first time. You have a lovely space.

Yummy post. Look so tempting.

Do have a look at my blog.
I am sure that I will keep visiting you.
Stay in touch.
Cheers
Vij

Joelen said...

Looks delicious and I love how simply prepared it is!