Skip to main content

Happy Birthday to Me :-)

Don't you just love birthday parties??  I feel so blessed to have recently celebrated another birthday with my wonderful, wonderful family and friends.  After four days of birthday festivities and 3 amazing cakes, I sure did feel special! 

Wednesday:  The day before my birthday, two of my best friends took me out to a yummy dinner at Red Robin.  These girls are precious to me...we've been friends for forever, it seems.

Here's a pic of us from last year (Mary Katherine, Me and Ashley)


Thursday:  On the morning of my birthday (October 7th), my wonderful husband woke me up by singing "Happy Birthday" and surprised me with a cute-as-a-button little birthday cake that he made.  This put the biggest smile on my face...I knew then that it was going to be an awesome day!  After all, it's quite impossible to have a bad day when you eat cake for breakfast, right?!?  That night, we had dinner at my new favorite French bistro - Chez Fon Fon.  I can honestly say that it was one of the best meals I've had in a restaurant in a while!  The atmosphere transported me right back to the street cafes of Paris, and the food was divine.  Everything was prepared flawlessly and tasted exceptional.



Friday:  The next day, I was in Montgomery for a business meeting, and my family met me there for a birthday lunch.  I was so happy to have the chance to see my Mom, Dad, Suzanne, Maranne, Blake and my Grandad.  My sweet sisters baked me this pretty cake.  I was so proud of Maranne - She whipped up some homemade marshmallow fondant (with the help of her boyfriend...thanks Blake!) for the first time.  This was her very first fondant covered cake, so I was so happy and excited to see it.  It was decorated with little rhinestones and a fondant flower.  Her inspiration was a Frenchie lace pattern. 


Putting the candles on can be a tedious task...



Maranne, Me, and Suzanne...Sisters are the best! 
I don't know what I'd do without these girls.  :-)

 Saturday: On Saturday night, Brad and I celebrated with his family.  His sister, Christine, baked me a scrumptious "Fresh Orange Italian Cream Cake" from Southern Living.  It's described on their website as a "showstopping cake"...and YES...I agree!  It was delicious!  Don't worry...the recipe for this cake will be my next blog post!


So, with family and friends like mine, turning another year older isn't so bad after all!  Thank you to everyone who helped make my big day so incredible.  I feel so loved.  :-)

Comments

Tia said…
Happy Birthday gorgeous! Looks like some good eats and a great time all around :)

Popular posts from this blog

Absolutely Sinful Cinnamon Rolls

***Alrighty, here are the cinnamon rolls that I mentioned in my previous post. I put these together on Christmas Eve, and then baked them on Christmas morning. Let me just tell you...there's nothing quite like the smell of yummy cinnamon rolls wafting through the house on Christmas morning...ahhhhh...so wonderful! This is going to be a new tradition for us...fresh, homemade rolls on Christmas. I thought that I might try this recipe, and then maybe try a new one next year...until I found one that I really loved. However, I hit the jackpot on the first try! This is THE recipe that I'll always use. UPDATE:   Since originally writing this post in 2008, I've  made these cinnamon rolls every year for Christmas!  They are a holiday tradition that my family looks forward to all year!  You can see my other posts here, with lots more photos of these sinful cinnamon rolls: CHRISTMAS 2009 CHIRSTMAS 2010 CHRISTMAS 2011 The great thing was that I could prepare them on Christmas

My Favorite Quiche!

***It's not often that a recipe is worthy of re-posting.  I think I've only done that once or twice in the entire time I've written this blog.  However, this is one of those rare occasions.  Back in 2009 when Brad and I went to Europe, we had the most amazing Quiche Lorraine at the incredible Les Deux Magots cafe in Paris.  It was delicious and was served alongside a yummy salad of fresh greens (Quiche Lorraine sur Salade Verte).  Oh, it was heaven on a plate!  It also didn't hurt that we were sitting on the patio of one of the most famous cafes in Paris, after all...haha.  The atmosphere and people-watching in that particular area are hard to beat. I'll never forget the elderly lady that was sitting at the table right next to us (the tables were situated pretty close together).  She was dressed to-the-nines, was all by herself, and was just the quintessential, classy Parisian lady.  I wish more than anything that I had tried to strike up a conversation with her

Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread - Southern Living

***There seriously aren't very many things that smell better than Banana Nut Bread baking in the oven.   Don't you agree?  This recipe for Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread from Southern Living magazine was one of the very first recipes that I added to this blog...back in November 2007!  In fact, I came across it when I worked for the magazine as a Marketing Intern.  Back then, I didn't have a photo for every recipe, and the blog post was simply the recipe and nothing else.  Because this is my go-to recipe for Banana Nut Bread (and because it is so amazing!), I thought that it deserved a little more attention.  This is quite honestly some of the best Banana Nut Bread that I've ever had.  An entire 8oz. package of cream cheese is added right to the batter, along with 4 mashed bananas.  The cream cheese adds so much to this recipe, with an incredibly moist texture being the main component.  Plus, the roasted pecans are the perfect addition.  Roasting the nuts brings out