As soon as I found this recipe for Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies, my search was over. First of all, you can't go wrong with chocolate chip cookies. Who doesn't adore an ooey gooey cookie filled with chocolate pieces?? Secondly, Nutella is such a fun ingredient. I had never even thought to add it to cookie batter. Its combination of chocolate and hazelnuts is just divine.
This recipe didn't disappoint...The cookies were indeed incredible. They were simple to make and bake up in only about 10 minutes. The brown sugar in these cookies adds a wonderful depth of flavor, when paired with the nutella. I used 60% cocoa Ghiradelli chocolate pieces in these cookies, which are a little larger than regular chocolate morsels. The best part of these cookies is the fact that they are just as yummy the next day. These don't get all hard and crunchy like some cookies do (as long as you don't bake them too long!). The nutella keeps them perfectly chewy. The trick is to take them out of the oven a tiny bit before you normally would. I pulled mine out of the oven at around the 10 or 11 minute mark. They will continue to bake for a few seconds on the cookie sheet.
You'll LOVE these!
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Kirbie's Cravings Food Blog
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup Nutella
1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prep baking sheets with silpats or parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, the sugar and the brown sugar. Add the eggs and the vanilla until combined.
4. Gradually add the flour until the mixture is combined.
5. Then mix Nutella. Finally add in the chocolate chips.
6. Use ice cream scoop and drop on baking sheets and bake for 9-11 minutes.