I'm so excited that the new Sugar & Spice by Celeste Facebook fan page hit 500 fans yesterday! Thank you all for the support...You guys are awesome!
To celebrate, how about a giveaway?! The awesome folks at Amazing Taste recently sent me some goodies to give to one lucky blog reader. I use this brand of spices all the time and am very happy to be able to give a great selection to the winner.
The thing I love about these spices is that they make my life a lot easier on busy weeknights. They're an easy way to add tons of flavor without spending long in the kitchen. Plus, they are all natural and contain no MSG.
I recently used the Chicken Seasoning in a pasta dish, which turned out to be a new favorite. I just adore cooking pasta dishes. It's fun to experiment with different veggies and ingredients, to come up with something delicious...yet uncomplicated! The following recipe was the result of using what I had on-hand in my kitchen at the time.
One of my favorite elements of this recipe is the fresh mozzarella...added between the pasta and the sauce. This method causes the cheese to slowly melt into all of the ingredients...Heavenly!
Now, back to the giveaway...
This giveaway will really help stock your spice cabinet. The loot includes:
- One large 27 oz. shaker of Amazing Taste Malibu Seasoning (This is my favorite and is a "zesty blend of garlic, onion, black pepper & paprika).
- 1 oz. packet of Chicken Seasoning
- .75 oz packet of Beef Seasoning
- .75 oz packet of Pork Seasoning
- .75 oz packet of Burger Seasoning
- 1 oz. packet of Chili Seasoning
It's super easy. Simply leave a comment on this post, which answers the following question:
What's your favorite spice to cook or bake with?
Also, for extra chances to win, simply do the following and leave additional comments letting me know that you did:
- Like Sugar & Spice on Facebook
- Follow Sugar & Spice by Celeste on Twitter
- Tweet the following "NEW GIVEAWAY: Stock your spice cabinet with this "amazing" giveaway from @SugarSpicebyC http://sugarandspice-celeste.blogspot.com/2012/03/amazing-giveaway-chicken-linguine-w.html"
- Follow the Sugar & Spice by Celeste board on Pinterest
- Entries must be submitted by midnight (CST time) on Sunday, March 25th.
- A winner will be picked at random (using random.org) and will be announced on Monday, March 26th.
- Please make sure you include your name and email address so that I will have a way to contact you if you win...especially if you leave a comment using the "Anonymous" option.
- At this time, the contest is open to US residents only.
Chicken Linguine with Kalamata Olives, Cilantro, Fresh Mozzarella & Toasted Almonds
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp Amazing Taste Chicken Seasoning
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 red onion, chopped
5 oz mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 large tomatoes, diced
5-10 Kalamata olives, pitted and minced
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped; plus extra for garnishing
1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
Salt & Pepper, to taste
13.25 oz box whole grain linguine
Fresh mozzarella, sliced
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (How to Toast Almonds)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the chicken breasts in an ovenproof dish and drizzle with 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Sprinkle with the Amazing Taste Chicken Seasoning. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Set to the side.
Meanwhile, drizzle 2 tbsp of the olive oil into a medium skillet, over medium heat. Add the red onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Next, add the mushrooms and continue to saute until the mushrooms are soft and golden brown, another 5 minutes. Add the garlic to the skillet and saute for 1 more minute, or just until the garlic is fragrant.
Next, add the tomatoes, Kalamata olives, 2 tbsp of the cilantro, diced chicken breasts, and finally the chicken broth. Stir thoroughly and continue to simmer over medium-low heat, until the sauce thickens a bit, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
While the sauce simmers, boil the pasta according to package directions.
Once the sauce is finished, place a serving of pasta on each plate, topping it with several slices of fresh mozzarella cheese. Next, spoon the sauce over the pasta and cheese. Garnish each plate with a handful of toasted almonds and reserved cilantro.