Skip to main content

Halloween Party 2011


Boy oh boy, do we love Halloween time around our house!  We look forward to our annual Halloween bash every year, and this year was no exception!  I knew it would be hard topping the "Blood Fondue Bar" from last year, but I think I may have pulled it off this year with yummy tricks and treats!  

The menu consisted of:
Forked Eyeballs
Mummy Dogs
Slime-Covered Apples
Pumpkin Apple Spice Cake
Blood-Splattered Popcorn
Secondhand Swabs
Witches Wands
Nutty Ghosts
Kidney Stew
Bat Brew (aka coffee)

Sounds yummy, right?!?

I was so happy that so many of our family members got to come.  My sisters, and my aunt, uncle and cousin even came from out of town.  I couldn't have pulled the party off without their help! We were excited to dress up and have some fun with everybody!  After all, you're never too grown-up to put on a costume and party, right??


Here are some fun shots from the night...I'll start with the food:



Slime-Covered Apples (aka Caramel Apples!)


I used Caramel Bits...they worked great!!  The caramel didn't turn hard on the apples, so they were still easy to eat. 


"Forked Eyeballs"
These were doughnut holes speared with a fork and dipped in white chocolate, and decorated with one semi-sweet chocolate chip and red icing.
"Mummy Dogs"
Aren't these little guys adorable???  Simply cut a beef frank in half, cut crescent rolls into thin strips, and then wrap them around the beef franks.  Finish them off with two dots of mustard for eyes.

"Nutty Ghosts"
These are simple...just dip Nutter Butters in white chocolate and add two mini chocolate chips for eyes!


"Witches Wands"
These were my favorite!  Just dip pretzel rods into white chocolate and decorate with your favorite Halloween themed sprinkles.



"Secondhand Swabs"
Gross!!!  Brad came up with the name for these.  They are mini marshmallows dipped into caramel...using a toothpick.


"Blood-Splattered Popcorn"
To make this, just melt some butter and stir in enough red food coloring to turn it a deep red color.  Drizzle over popcorn and give the bowl a good stir.  Enjoy!


Pumpkin Apple Spice Cake

"Kidney Stew"
(aka Carol's Famous Chili)

Yes, I was Snow White...lol.

Me and the hubby...
Who you gonna call???

Final preparations before the guests start arriving...

Brad surprised me with a fog machine one afternoon before the party...I loved it.  It made our entrance extra spooky!

Scary!!!


A pair of farmers and flowers...How adorable are they?!?


A kitty cat!

We had a costume contest, and "The Baby" was the official winner!  I must have the greatest mom-in-law ever!  ;-)

My sweet angel of a niece.


A pirate and a goddess!  (aka my Aunt Julie and Suzanne)


Me and my sisters

Group shot!

Spooky Centerpiece

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Comments

Jenni said…
AWESOME JOB! Your party looks so great and so fun!!
O my goodness! You are awesome at wedding pictures and photography but i had no idea you cooked too!!! looks so fun!!! :) glad you found me!! Thanks so much for everything you did for me and ricky by the way. I love the pictures! only problem is picking just 100!! ah!
stella said…
Hello, I am a Julia Child fan to! I'm writing from Italy, and you where do you leave?
Celeste said…
Ciao Stella!! Thank you for your comment! I live in Alabama in the USA. I visited Italy in 2009 and I loved it! I want to go back someday! :)
Leigh Ann Noble said…
I LOVE the Halloween food labels! Where did you find them?

Leigh Ann

Popular posts from this blog

Absolutely Sinful Cinnamon Rolls

***Alrighty, here are the cinnamon rolls that I mentioned in my previous post. I put these together on Christmas Eve, and then baked them on Christmas morning. Let me just tell you...there's nothing quite like the smell of yummy cinnamon rolls wafting through the house on Christmas morning...ahhhhh...so wonderful! This is going to be a new tradition for us...fresh, homemade rolls on Christmas. I thought that I might try this recipe, and then maybe try a new one next year...until I found one that I really loved. However, I hit the jackpot on the first try! This is THE recipe that I'll always use. UPDATE:   Since originally writing this post in 2008, I've  made these cinnamon rolls every year for Christmas!  They are a holiday tradition that my family looks forward to all year!  You can see my other posts here, with lots more photos of these sinful cinnamon rolls: CHRISTMAS 2009 CHIRSTMAS 2010 CHRISTMAS 2011 The great thing was that I could prepare them on Christmas

My Favorite Quiche!

***It's not often that a recipe is worthy of re-posting.  I think I've only done that once or twice in the entire time I've written this blog.  However, this is one of those rare occasions.  Back in 2009 when Brad and I went to Europe, we had the most amazing Quiche Lorraine at the incredible Les Deux Magots cafe in Paris.  It was delicious and was served alongside a yummy salad of fresh greens (Quiche Lorraine sur Salade Verte).  Oh, it was heaven on a plate!  It also didn't hurt that we were sitting on the patio of one of the most famous cafes in Paris, after all...haha.  The atmosphere and people-watching in that particular area are hard to beat. I'll never forget the elderly lady that was sitting at the table right next to us (the tables were situated pretty close together).  She was dressed to-the-nines, was all by herself, and was just the quintessential, classy Parisian lady.  I wish more than anything that I had tried to strike up a conversation with her

Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread - Southern Living

***There seriously aren't very many things that smell better than Banana Nut Bread baking in the oven.   Don't you agree?  This recipe for Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread from Southern Living magazine was one of the very first recipes that I added to this blog...back in November 2007!  In fact, I came across it when I worked for the magazine as a Marketing Intern.  Back then, I didn't have a photo for every recipe, and the blog post was simply the recipe and nothing else.  Because this is my go-to recipe for Banana Nut Bread (and because it is so amazing!), I thought that it deserved a little more attention.  This is quite honestly some of the best Banana Nut Bread that I've ever had.  An entire 8oz. package of cream cheese is added right to the batter, along with 4 mashed bananas.  The cream cheese adds so much to this recipe, with an incredibly moist texture being the main component.  Plus, the roasted pecans are the perfect addition.  Roasting the nuts brings out