Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mouthwatering Turkey Burgers



***There's nothing like a big, juicy cheeseburger to satisfy your appetite.  I've never really given ground turkey a chance until lately, and boy am I glad that I did!  Ground turkey is so much healthier than ground beef, but I guess I've always just pictured turkey burgers as dry, bland and just not as appealing as beef.  Well, these burgers put a rest to that myth!

I learned this technique for making a great burger from my Dad.  He's always taken a packet of onion soup mix and added it to the ground beef, and it produces such juicy, delicious patties.  I thought that it might be a good idea to try the same method with turkey meat.  These burgers were FAR from dry...they were juicy and perfect!  Plus, the onion mix adds such a great flavor to the meat.  After topping with your favorite burger accompaniments, you'll be in love!

Bon Appetit!***


Source:  Inspired/Adapted from Lipton's recipe for Onion Burgers

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey
1/4 cup water
1/2 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
Your choice of toppings (we added lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, mustard and ketchup!)


Directions:
Place the ground turkey, water and Onion Soup Mix in a large bowl.  Mix thoroughly and shape into 4 patties (your hands are your best mixing tools here...don't be afraid to get dirty!).


Grill or broil until cooked through.


Finish with your favorite hamburger toppings!



2 comments:

Lady Amalthea said...

These sound delish! I could also see mixing some broth in instead of the water for another little flavor boost. Thanks for the inspiration!

jidgede said...

celeste, i hope you are ok...just saw all the devastation your way....thinking about you...jennie in w tn <><