Who's ready for the Super Bowl tomorrow?? If truth be told, I'm probably more excited about the commercials (and food, of course!) than the actual football game, but hey, the commercials are usually awesome. And they better be, especially when the average cost of a mere 30-second ad spot during the game is $4 million!
That's right...$4 Million....WOW.
Awesome party food is an absolute MUST for any Super Bowl party, and my new friend Martie Duncan, from The Next Food Network Star, knows her stuff when it comes to party food. Martie kicked some serious butt on Season 8 of the show as a finalist, and I recently had the opportunity to help her prepare for her latest cooking segment on our local Fox 6 station here in Birmingham. On the segment, she demonstrated how to make her A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Arancini (AKA Italian Rice Balls).
Folks, these are simply irresistible...When you bite into that first perfectly-fried little sphere, your tastebuds are greeted by cheesy, meaty, melty goodness! And you can't eat just one...Oh, no...I won't tell you how many I had before we left the studio that day! Hah.
These are super easy to make and are perfect for a large crowd. Here are some tips that I learned from Martie along the way:
1. You can make these ahead and freeze them. Simply thaw and fry as usual just before your guests arrive.
2. The recipe calls for 1 lb of ground beef + 1 lb of veal. To save money, you can simply use 2 lbs of ground beef.
3. This recipe can easily be doubled, if feeding a larger crowd.
4. It's best to use sticky rice.
5. If you're pressed for time, use store-bought marinara sauce.
Now, hurry and make these very soon. You'll thank me, I promise. :)
CLICK HERE for the recipe.
Be sure to visit Martie's website, Martie Knows Parties, for lots of great party-planning tips, tricks and recipes!
Here's Martie in action on Fox 6 News/Good Day Alabama: