Boy was I excited when I was selected to participate in the OXO Blogger Outreach Program recently. As part of the program, they sent me one 5 lb. Food Scale with Pull-Out Display to put through its paces, and a second one to giveaway to one lucky reader!!!
A food scale is one of those things that I've been wanting to purchase for a while now, but for some reason or another just haven't gotten around to it. They come in handy in the kitchen in so many situations.
There are several things that I love about this particular OXO scale:
1. It's small, slim and doesn't take up a lot of room in my kitchen. This is great, because cabinet space real estate is getting harder and harder to come by around here!
2. The digital display is easy to read, with large numbers and an illuminated background.
3. If you're measuring something in a large bowl, you can pull out the display so that you can still see it. This is a really great feature and avoids large objects covering the numbers.
4. There's a handy little capacity indicator on the display, which lets you know when you're getting close to the maximum weight the scale will allow.
As far as cons go, I haven't found many. If I'm just being VERY picky, I would say that the pull-out display doesn't always just snap right back into place. Although, this hasn't been a problem for me. Again, that's just if you want me to be picky!
So, how do you win this fabulous scale? It's easy!
Simply leave a comment on this post, which answers the following question:
What seasonal veggie or fruit are you most excited to cook with this summer?
Also, for extra chances to win, simply do the following and leave additional comments letting me know that you did:
- Like Sugar & Spice on Facebook
- Follow Sugar & Spice by Celeste on Twitter
- Tweet the following "NEW GIVEAWAY: Win an OXO 5 lb. Food Scale with Pull-Out Display from @SugarSpicebyC! http://sugarandspice-celeste.blogspot.com/2012/04/giveaway-win-5-lb-food-scale-from-oxo.html"
- Follow the Sugar & Spice by Celeste board on Pinterest
- Entries must be submitted by midnight (CST time) on Friday, May 4th.
- A winner will be picked at random (using random.org) and will be announced on Saturday, May 5th.
- Please make sure you include your name and email address so that I will have a way to contact you if you win...especially if you leave a comment using the "Anonymous" option.
- At this time, the contest is open to US residents only.
Note: OXO provided this food scale free of charge, however, I do want to note that all opinions in this post are completely my own.